So I've been working with Isaac on using a spoon more. Most kids his age I think are already doing this, and have been for some time it seems like, but today was a fantastic point. He ate cereal for breakfast all on his own! Milk of course got everywhere, but at this point so does everything else. He was so proud of himself though, he didn't want me to take the bowl and spoon away even though he was clearly done. It was pretty cool.
Austin just broke through with another tooth yesterday so he now has three! Craziness! I don't put my fingers any where near his mouth anymore. I'm convinced his teeth are more like fangs by how sharp they are. But it does make for some pretty great smiles.
I'm leaving this Friday to go and help my mom with her knee surgery. I'm excited to help, but I feel like we just got home. One thing for sure though, Isaac will be thrilled to see his cousins for a few days and then grandpa! Austin will just love having more people to charm :)
So we're starting to think about potty training Isaac. He came out of the bathroom the other day crying "Potty, Potty, Potty!!" We asked him if he had to go potty and he said "Kay (his form of yes)" So we tried to have him go. I think it would've been too crazy if he actually had gone, but I guess the interest is there now. I'm not saying I love diapers, but I have NEVER looked forward to potty training. Any tips would be more than appreciated from all you veterans out there.
Cute stories of the day:
Isaac is walking around saying "Tommy? Fun!" "Rees? Fun!" It's so cute hearing how much he loves his friends.
Austin is still in love with his blanket. But the best part is that he likes to catch it on his bottom teeth and try to pull it away. I just hope it stays together until he's one!
4 comments:
Good job Issac. I look forward to the day when eating isn't so messy. :)
A friend of mine had a reward chart. Not sure if that would work with Issac or not. But anyhow, he got stickers for whenever he went potty, and when he got so many he got to go on a bus ride. Which she loved since it cost 1.25, cheap reward. Good luck.
That's so cute about Austin's blanket. Maybe he's a vampire. :) So, if you're going to help your mom on Friday, does that mean you won't be around for Girls Night? Sad!!!
Right. Yes. I meant to say Saturday and not Friday. For some reason I keep thinking I'm leaving on Friday and I'm not sure why...very strange! No, I am very much looking forward to girls night!
That is fun for Isaac to feed himself. Stefani ate better once she would actually "try" to feed herself.
Good luck with the potty training. Jeremy got hot wheels cars and loved them.
Post a Comment