Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/11/19

Halloween Highlights

Hooray! I'm finally posting pictures from Halloween. They've been on my phone, and some are still on Aaron's mom's camera... (Aaron had our camera for the shindig in Minnesota...getting official and all that jazz) but here we go.

I made them their costumes this year. In part because it was cheaper, and also in part because they aren't old enough to complain that their costumes are homemade... I am not the mom, at this point anyway, that can make absolutely amazing costumes. My hat's off to those who can. But as I have no pretensions about my skills, it was nice that the boys loved (and continue to love) their costumes as much as they did. I love having a two year old and an 19 month old as critics :)

Austin as our cookie monster. His FAVORITE Sesame Street character. In part I think because of how much Cookie Monster loves food...rather like this little monster...

Isaac as an aligator. He was thrilled to wear this hat and tail. He liked getting into the personna of an aligator...roaring at people, but thankfully not biting them.
The boys on stage at the Ward Halloween party.

The ward Halloween party was a little crazy, but a lot of fun. More people were there than I expected, and I think it threw the boys for a loop at first. But once the trunk or treat started, they were all for it. We would go car to car and Isaac would say "Trick or Treat!!" and then Austin would say "Thank you!". They were both so thrilled that all they had to do was say some words and people gave them candy. What's been entertaining since Halloween has been when Austin has wanted something from Isaac and Isaac will say "Austin, say trick or treat!" And so Halloween lives on. :)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

ahhh love their costumes. That alligator is soo creative! I might steal it from you when I have a little boy or something. fun!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Very creative. Way to go!

Natalie said...

Cute costumes! Glad they liked them! :)

jeff and alli said...

jensine, those turned out great! Nice work. :)

And I love that Isaac is still commanding 'Trick or Treat'

Are you one of the many watching New Moon today?