Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2011/08/17

The Fourth

Ah-ha! Well, shockingly enough, I know I am anyway, I'm actually back to blogging. And so it seems only fitting to start with the fourth of July. I love food--especially Aaron's family traditional 4th of July breakfast. I've tried, without too much success, to try and convince him that this needs to happen more than just a few times a year. Maybe this post and picture will remind him of the goodness.


English Pancakes, sausage, bacon, and Tropicana orange juice.

Our red, white, and blue homemade ice cream. It turned out a little funky, tasted almost more like whip cream than ice cream. But still, so delicious.

We went to watch the fireworks at the church, and all I have to say is that I missed CA this year. The fireworks were actually pretty great, and the view was good, but the MOSQUITO's were evil. We brought some sparklers which were definitely loved.

Isaac loved twirling the sparklers around in a circle.

Cameron loved the fireworks, and actually sat on our laps almost the whole time, pointing to the sky and laughing. It was adorable. The boys liked them too, but then got involved with the other kids that were pretending each firework was like a gunshot.


These little rootbeers were definitely a hit. It's not often they have pop, especially one of their own. Love that Austin is drinking this with a stick in his had. Very true to form.

It was a great day. I always love any extra days we get to have Aaron home. I am grateful for all who have served this country, and its great to have a day to remember that.

No comments: