Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2011/11/01

Trick or Treat!

The boys definitely got into the Halloween spirit this year. It all started when we went on a walk one week previous and the boys yelled at every house that "Halloween is almost here!". I think part of the reason why they were so excited was these amazing paper machete masks that Aaron made. Every time I look at them I'm still floored that he did this.
Isaac and Austin had a blast at the Marshall Branch Primary Halloween party. Face-painting, bobbing for apples, eating donuts off a string, and then doing a trunk or treat--what's not to love?

Aaron is officially in charge of all pumpkin carving. For multiple reasons, the main one being that he likes to do it. The boys helped a bit this year getting the guts of the pumpkin out. Neither one was such a fan of it. And I can't say that I blame them.
There was a definite theme this year--Superheroes! The boys were pretty excited about this pumpkin, particularly Cameron. He thought that the candle inside the pumpkin, lighting it up, was about the coolest thing ever.
The time for trick or treating arrives and so out rolls our "Super 4" (Isaac's nickname). Batman, Spider-Man, a "scary" dragon, and Clark Kent. I think Isaac was pretty proud of the fact that his dad was pretending to be Superman. They had such a good time trick or treating. It was nice weather, and we went for a while. Austin and Cameron sat most of the time in the stroller--Austin getting out for when we rang the doorbell. Isaac walked the whole time, and tried his hardest to start a conversation at every door.

Hope you all had a good Halloween!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I imagine it would be very entertaining to go trick-or-treating with Isaac and Austin. My girls are just so shy. I just love their costumes and that Daddy got involved too. Miss you guys and these boys!!

jeff and alli said...

Aaron does such a great job with the pumpkins each year. I am very impressed. The masks are great too. Cool dad for sure.

Hilarious that Isaac tried to start up conversations. :)

Alena said...

So cute! Your boys are adorable and Aaron makes a great Clark Kent. Isaac sounds a lot like my brother Austin when he was little, trying to start conversations with everyone!

Bill Tibbitts said...

I am checking on this a bit late but I am glad you had fun.