Things are going well for our family and we are loving our time out here in Rapid City. It will be nice to go back to our apartment in another month or so. We have really come to appreciate the wonder of furniture.
I am doing well and enjoying my job. I have three weeks left here on the west side of the state before going over to Sioux Falls on the east for another two weeks. I have had the opportunity to do a variety of different assignments and types of cases and like the idea of a general practice. Of course, until I have a job, I'm not going to limit my options.
Jensine is also doing well. She is looking forward to staying with her parents in Sioux Falls. She will also be leaving her husband to his own devices the first week in August in order to spend time with her mother and sisters.
Isaac is doing well, though I am beginning to wonder if his head will have a prayer of looking normal. He has a normal looking head now, but given that about every week, he gets another knot on his head, it's going to be an uphill battle. He says so many words. Our favorite new word (which really took us a long time to decipher) was "sta-dda" which apparently means "pizza." How? I have no idea how he came up with "sta-dda," but had we not had pizza one night, we might never have interpreted its meaning. Isaac is loving dinosaurs and enjoyed the local museum that we took him to.
Of course, despite his love for dinosaurs, he also likes to say "stared" (scared) for fun whenever he sees T-Rex. It is really cute. We also went to a public pool this past Saturday and he had a blast. The only downside was that I couldn't take him down the slide.
Isaac playing in the water.
Austin is also learning a lot of new things. Right now, the funny thing that he does is that he likes to roll over from his back to his stomach. Unfortunately, he has apparently forgotten how to roll back onto his back, so once he rolls over, he is like an upside down turtle and cries. It is quite cute, but as soon as we help him roll back onto his back, he rolls right back onto his stomach.
Austin the turtle.
All in all, things are going well. I had some political thoughts, but I decided to spare you from my ranting and ravings. I have posted a nice video starring yours truly. ENJOY!
3 comments:
Aaron....I know how you feel about Isaac's head. I wonder the same thing about Abby. (Although with Abby it's not just her head!) I have a feeling she going to be scarred worse than Ryan! (And that's saying something!) :)
Aaron your boys are too cute!! Good Luck with moving and everything that goes along with it! Heads are are big topic in our house too. Cameron has a ginormous head! Between my dad's big head and Chris' dad's big head, I don't think he had a chance!
Aaron that picture of Austin reminds me of you as a baby. I had look again. Thanks for the update. Always glad to hear from you guys.
Post a Comment