Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2008/07/26

From the Mouth of Babes

So, we have been singing a lot of songs with Isaac lately and letting him fill in all the words he knows. "Five Little Monkeys", "I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home", "Patty Cake", and "Sing a Song." These are some of our favorite versions of the songs and give an idea about his attention span. For the sake of clarity, his words are italicized with any necessary translation in parentheses beside.

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home
I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be
Clap my hands and shout for joy
And climb up on his knee
Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this
Pat his cheeks and give him what?
...CARS!!!

Five Little Monkeys
...
One little kee-kee (monkey) jumping on the bed
He fell off and broke his head
Momma called the doctor and the doctor said,
No, no kee-kee jumping on the ...
BABY!!!

Five Little Monkeys (we were at the park this morning eating donuts)
...
One little kee-kee (monkey) jumping on the bed
He fell off and broke his head
Momma called the doctor and the doctor said,
No, no kee-kee jumping on the ...
STICK!!!

2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

I like that it is kee-kee, cute.

Anna said...

Singing time sounds like to so much fun with your boys. Cute!