Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2008/08/06

Lawyers: America's Most Dangerous Super-Villain

I was reading Spider-Man comics the other day (I know, I am a geek) and in this particular issue, Spider-Man was on trial and Matt Murdock (Daredevil) was defending him. Opposing counsel is trying to get the court to compel Spider-Man to remove his mask and after Murdock confirms that a lawyer may be able to do so, this panel followed.

There you have it. A lawyer is a more dangerous super-villain than Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Venom, and Super-Skrull. And yet lawyers have made themselves an essential part of American society... As P.J. O'Rourke said, "Letting lawyers write laws is like letting pharmaceutical companies invent diseases."

2 comments:

Marlo said...

Hey, I just found your blog from Danika and James' blog and you better hope that Jamieson doesn't see this post. It's fun to see what you guys are up to.

Aaron Kinser said...

I'm glad that you were able to find out blog. Now, I will have to track down yours (which I am assuming that you have). As for the possibility that your husband would get upset: as a law student myself, I am not making fun of them, but of us.