Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2008/10/25

Aaron's Travels

So, Jensine has been doing all the posting as of late, but I decided that I would put up some of the pictures that I have taken lately.

I took a trip to Utah this past week; my first since graduation. The Dean of Admissions at the Law School had planned on going, but forgot to tell the admissions office that she was no longer going to be able to make it. This, of course, enabled me to be able to go, but also prevented (due to the lateness of notification) us from using our Delta $99 Companionship Voucher to have Jensine and the boys come too.

I got to Utah Monday afternoon and went out to Dinner with Jared, Bill, Jana (Bill's girlfriend), and her son Oliver. It was nice to have some of the authentic Mexican food that is largely lacking in the Twin Cities.

Bill, Oliver, Jana, me, and Jared an a small, obscure (and therefore authentic) Mexican place

After dinner, I met my old roommate Joe and his wife, Misha, for some Baskin Robbins ice cream. It was nice to be able to reconnect with many people that I no longer see very often.

Misha, Joe, and me

Tuesday, I went to the University of Utah Law Fair for the University of Minnesota Law School and headed down to the Utah Valley after that. I stayed with my sister and her family. I was a little surprised that her daughter Staci gave me the warm welcome that she did, but it was a lot of fun.

Staci and Stefani (sporting her Uncle Aaron's hat and shades)

After dinner, I went to visit my friend Ed and his family up in Lehi. It was good to talk with them. I don't have a picture because I forgot to charge the camera battery and so they took the picture.

The next day (after sleeping on the floor between Jeremy and Staci), I went to the BYU Law Fair. It was amazing to see how much has changed around campus. Okay, so not that much has changed, but the Hinckley Alumni building looks awesome. After the Fair, I visited everyone at BYU Vending before driving around Provo trying to find some free Wi-Fi, but being unable to find any. I headed back to Jennifer's and emailed my assignment late before heading off again to run some errands.

Later that night, I visited President and Sister Rife (mission president for the second half of my mission). It was fun to chat with them and pick-up the final letter of recommendation that I needed for my Air Force JAG application. After another night on the floor, I came home. I also managed to pick up some new BYU apparel for the whole family.

Austin happily wearing his daddy's new beanie.

Isaac not-so-happily wearing the same.

Some of the other cute things lately are that Isaac is really developing an imagination. He was sitting on the toy below and said "Ridin' dinosaur." We never called that toy a dinosaur, but he apparently could imagine it being one. Austin's new trick is not so cute, but is funny. He recently found his nose and manages to put his finger in it on a regular basis. It never lasts for long, but I was able to get a picture.

Isaac ridin' the dinosaur.

Austin's new found talent.

Things are going well for our family. (It's Jensine's birthday today, in case you did not know). Next week we are taking a trip to St. Louis and will likely be able to visit several states that I have never really been through (Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, and Wisconsin). I have an interview for the Air Force JAG on Tuesday outside of St. Louis, and on Wednesday in Illinois for the Army JAG. The Navy JAG has a recruiter in town so I won't need to travel. After the interviews, the respective boards review my application and I will know by the middle or end of January if I have been selected. Who knows what I will end up doing or if I will even be selected?

Here are some other pictures that I liked.


Isaac coloring a picture of a pumpkin (with inspiration) for Uncle Travis.

Man, that is one tired little boy.



Cool guy!

5 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Happy Birthday Jensine! Thanks for sharing your hubby with us for a couple of days. The kids loved it.

Your kids are so cute. Can't wait to see them.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Jensine! Goodluck on your interviews Aaron! too bad I didn't run into you while you were here, but don't really know what we would have done anyway,.. I do have some couch pillows we could have spun I guess... haha.

by the way there's wifi upstairs in the wilk should have tried there,...the problem is you have to login with a current student's id. I use my hubby's. it's cheating.

Janet said...

It was great to visit with you, Aaron! Thank for coming to our home. Happy Birthday, Jensine. It's fun to catch up with your family on your blog.

James and Danika said...

Happy Birthday Jensine! Your boys are so cute! Hope everything goes well with the interviews next week! Safe driving!

jeff and alli said...

Last picture is my favorite. Have a safe trip this week and good luck.