Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/01/12

Biter and Friends

Austin is a crazy biter! As I write this he has already bitten my shirt twice! Unfortuantely, I really don't know how you tell an almost ten month old that he isn't being very nice in such a way that he would actually stop. Especially since he looks at you with this huge smile afterwards.  All the fun games that I "get" to play as a parent.

It feels so nice to be home. I like that the boys are getting back into a routine, and Isaac has finally decided that it isn't against his scruples to eat meals. We're starting to put Austin into the crib for naps and bedtime. Kindof sad that we have had a crib that neither one of our boys has slept in since before the summer. But it also meant them sharing a room and with Austin waking up at night, that wasn't something I was willing to bet on. 
 
Isaac is getting more creative everyday. The other day he told us that "Jesus go to doctor". Which given that almost all of us visited the doctor for some reason or other last week was a very valid reason in his mind. Later on he asked if "Jesus come over?". I tried to explain that Jesus lives in heaven and I pointed up, and so he looked up as well. I wonder if he thought Jesus was living in our ceiling. I forget sometimes how very literal kids can be. I actually wonder if it is a compliment to growing older that we are better at being vague in our meanings.

We are FINALLY getting over our colds. It's been about a month now, so the fact that I haven't had to wipe Austin's nose (or feel guilty about not wiping his nose) every ten minutes is a miracle. Our whole family has been on antibiotics, so currently I am so thankful for modern medicine. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually be brave enough to go outside and do something with the boys later this week. But given that the high in the next few days is 8 degrees maybe not either.


3 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Good luck with the biting. I have never had a kid be a biter. That is so funny about Jesus and Isaac. Staci heard me telling Mark and she said that is funny. Hope you are all on the mend. Good luck getting out.

Katie said...

Isaac is such a cutie and such a good talker! That's really cute what he said about Jesus. Glad things are getting back to normal for you guys

jeff and alli said...

We went outside this morning, oh my goodness my hands were burning they were so cold.

Glad you guys are starting to feel better.