Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/01/28

Hungry, Hungry Hippos & Bean-ie Babies

It's been a while since we posted, so I thought I would tell you a few cute stories about what has happened recently with the boys.

During the Christmas time, Isaac loved the song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" and also loves a page in one of his books with a large number of hippos. The other day, however, he woke up crying and said, "Hippopotamus get Isaac!" (of course speaking of himself in the third person). It was so cute and sad at the same time. What made it even more cute was that it happened again the next day. If Isaac were an older African male, his dream probably looked something like this:

On Sunday, we decided to have some Mexican food, so we refried some beans and made some Spanish rice. We were going to have some burritos, but instead decided to make a bean dip with some beans, salsa, and cheese. Isaac also enjoyed some bean dip and we put some dip and chips on his plate. I had just cleaned up Austin from dinner and placed him on the ground so that I could get to work on Isaac, who was complaining that he had beans on his hands (and he hates to have dirty hands). I first took a few dishes to the sink and when I came back to clean-up Isaac, I noticed that Austin now had stuff all over his face. Isaac apparently had decided to rub his hands on his brother's face and this was the result:


Needless to say, it was bathtime.

Another cute story of Isaac was when we put him to bed a few weeks ago and let him cry himself to sleep. He doesn't cry much, but says, "Daddy, lay by you minute?" We leave the door open and let him fall asleep as he rolls around his bed (he hasn't slept in a crib since he was 16 months old). Well, occasionally, he rolls and roams around the room. The other night, this is what we found when we went in his room:

Finally, Austin has taken to putting his hands on the side of his head (a la Home Alone), and we took that opportunity to teach him how to play peek-a-boo. This went on for maybe 10 minutes and here is what it looked like:

In short, we have some adorably cute little boys.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I have to agree...your boys are pretty cute! Love the hippo story and picture! My kids loved that song, too!

Anonymous said...

I love that song! I drive Kev and my family crazy every year waiting to hear it on the radio! haha....cute boys! Miss you guys!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Those are some cute stories. They are great to hear since I just saw them last month. It makes it fun to laugh. Isaac just wanted to share with his little brother. Is there a problem?

Jensine Kinser said...

I'll keep that in mind next time we get together. I'll let Isaac share with you all the time! :)

Katie said...

They ARE adorable. I love the stories.

jeff and alli said...

I love the hippo picture, great find there. Isaac told me all about the scary hippo experience and it was cute, he was so serious.

Austin is so cute, I love his peek-a-boo technique. :)

Emily said...

I love that Isaac wiped his hands on Austin's face. That is just too funny.