Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/04/13

Peanuts!

So Isaac had testing done last Friday to find out once and for all if he is allergic to peanut butter. I've been nervous about this test for a while now, and it didn't help that the waiver I read said this test had been known in a few cases to cause death. I know that those cases had to be one in a million--but I'm really good at freaking out. Anyway, after I signed the waiver we got started. The test was to have Isaac eat increasing doses of peanut butter every fifteen minutes until he was up to a tablespoon. At first I was concerned that he might not want to eat straight peanut butter, but he soon proved me wrong. He had no trouble with that whatsoever. So after seven doses and an hour waiting period I am thrilled to say Isaac is NOT allergic to peanut butter!! Woo hoo!

On the more hilarious side of things was Isaac's reaction to having to leave the hospital. Crying is not uncommon at hospitals, unless it is crying because they have to leave. They had the coolest tractors, dinosaurs, and biiig trucks there to play with. Plus a crowd of nurses to impress as he ran by with a truck. What could be better than that?

I'm just so happy that this question is finally over, and that we can now share with Isaac all our favorite peanut butter things. Reeses, butterfinger blizzrds, peanut butter sandwiches... Hooray!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm glad he passed the test! I hate allergies.

Danika said...

yea for no peanut allergies!! and p.s. austin's haircut is super cute!

jeff and alli said...

I'm glad he gets to enjoy so many yummy yummy things in his future. :)

Hirsche Family said...

I didn't even know you could get your kids tested for that. We just started giving Geddy a little bit at a time at home. He is now seriously addicted to peanut butter sandwiches!