Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/04/15

Aaron's First Appearance Before Supreme Court (Justice)

Justice Thomas visited the University of Minnesota Law School today and I was able to go listen to him speak. Despite being a bastion of all things liberal (not the classical kind), the faculty and students were very warm and receptive. He answered questions and talked a lot about being on the Supreme Court. A few people tried to corner him about some of his decisions with which they disagreed, but he performed well.

After the speech and questions, they had a little reception and we were able to briefly talk to him. I talked briefly with him about the doctrine of incorporation (click here if you care to know what it is about) and the possibility of a new case readdressing this idea in light of D.C. v. Heller. It was a fun little discussion that most of you would find horribly boring, I'm sure.

Afterwards, I took a picture with him (a little dark, but oh well) and also found out that a friend of mine had taken one of him with me in it.

No comments: