Austin LOVES books. He will actually sit still for even longer books like Cat in the Hat Comes Back--which is a shocker considering how much he likes to be in motion.
I went in the other night to see Isaac laying like this. Lately, I will think he is asleep and go in to turn the fan off only to see him laying in bed reading a book.
It never ceases to amaze me how flexible kids are. Besides the tasty treat of putting toes in his mouth, Austin also likes to squeeze his foot between his tray and put his foot on the table. I look at these things and just wonder why it sounds like a good idea and how is it comfortable?
Isaac loves these letter magnets, and in this picture he told me he made a word. Quite the interesting word, don't ask me how to say or define it :)
Isaac story: We were having FHE and talking about how it is important to be grateful. Out of nowhere he says: "Jesus going to knock on the door and come play with me! Not for a while though..." Aaron and I tried, but didn't really succeed at not laughing. I love how literal kids are. He doesn't just have faith in Jesus, he knows that He not only lives but wants to come play :)
Austin story: Austin loves nursery. LOVES nursery. He only goes in for the first hour right now with Aaron, but he already will take off running for the door after sacrament meeting ends. If we're lucky we catch up him. Even better though is his crying at having to leave. All I have to say is I hope this keeps up when he actually goes for the entire time!
Last of all, we had a pretty fun Fourth of July. We had some friends come over for a barbeque and homemade ice cream and whatnot. It was lot of fun, and made me realize how much we're going to miss people in a couple months!
We also did sparklers, which was fun because fireworks are just a little too late for the kiddos right now. I wish I could have gotten Isaac's first reaction of the sparkler, it was hilarious. It was a mixture of fear and what the heck? But he defintely got over it and loved it.
2 comments:
What fun kids you have. It is fun to hear about their different personalities and things they like and don't like.
It is funny to me how he falls asleep with the books on him, as if he fell asleep while in the middle of reading.
Good posts, made me chuckle.
Post a Comment