This week is Spring Break and so we decided to come down to visit Nauvoo, IL. We drove down here and are staying in Keokuk, IA, just across the river. We got here around dinner time and dropped our stuff off at the hotel. Then we headed to Nauvoo and just looked around a little bit. It was almost 70 degrees, as opposed to the 10-15 degrees we had a week ago in the Twin Cities.
We stopped at the temple and the Israel Barlow memorial. Finally, we ate dinner in a little cafe in Nauvoo and then came back to the hotel.
The funniest story of our time in Nauvoo was visiting the monument depicting Joseph and Hyrum's final ride. Isaac loved to see the horses, but was too scared to sit by them for a picture. He thought the horses were out to get him. His mother and brother had to join him for a picture, and we tried our best to convince him that the horse statutes were giant toys like the little goat that he had in his hand. He seemed to get the idea, but still was a little hesitant to be anywhere near them without his parents.
1 comment:
I LOVED visiting Nauvoo! I am glad you guys are going and hope it is fun. It is fun to hear you talk about the places because I remember them. I can't wait to go again.
Post a Comment