Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/03/02

A Good Trade

We went to Sam's club a couple days ago, and I was pretty excited to see they had two couch cushions for $16. Our other cushions have definitely seen better days--not that it stopped me from transferring where they were on our couch to the futon. So it began...

Isaac was NOT thrilled to see the new cushions where the old ones were supposed to be. I would put them on the couch, go do something, and when I came back I would see Isaac in the process of putting the old cushions back on the couch. At one point I was sitting against a cushion on the couch and Isaac came up to me and this was our conversation:

"Momma! Pillow go on futon!"
"No Isaac, these pillows go on the couch now."
Isaac goes and gets an old pillow. "Momma, here. Pillow go on couch."
"No Isaac. The new pillows go on the couch."
Isaac goes to the toys and gets a finger puppet and then points to the cushion. "Momma, Trade?"

At this point I just start laughing. Who wouldn't find a finger puppet as equally comfortable as a nice, large pillow?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

hahaha. I love that he's learning about change huh? perhaps separation anxiety with the old pillows or just a strong sense of things going in their proper place. What laugh about the finger puppet trade. haha.

Katie said...

How nice that he understands trading! The girls are just starting to understand that concept and we have been pushing it lately so that they can avoid fights with each other.

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is too funny! Also, yea for Austing. That is exciting!

HoltFamily said...

That cracks me up. I remember being seriously worried that we were going to have to buy a second glider, rather than move the glider from Tommy's room to Joey's room when Joey was born (we didn't have to, thank goodness). Kids sure do love things to be in "their place."