Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2009/10/06

California Life

Things have pretty much settled into a rhythm now, which is nice. Well, some of that rhythm is nice. For some reason Austin has almost completely vetoed sleeping in his bed past 11pm at night, and both he and Isaac have decided that 5:45 is a great time to wake up. Sometimes they spoil us with 6:00.

There are some things though that the boys absolutely adore to do, which we have continued to do since our move. One is going to the library. Complete joy, at least for them. It's a little bit more of a task for me as I try to keep them quiet and not have to replace every book on the shelf, but it is getting better. We went to the big downtown San Bernardino library yesterday and the boys were in heaven. Isaac got to check out a ton of Curious George books as well as Clifford books--and Austin is thoroughly enjoying his Cat in the Hat books. I love how much they like to read. Austin says both "book" and "read" very often. The best is when Isaac will read to him.

Another thing is that we've found a park they really enjoy. To be perfectly honest, there aren't a lot of parks here in San Berdoo, and even fewer that I would actually feel comfortable taking the boys too. Lots of graffitti...broken playgrounds...sketchy characters...BUT there is a park we love, and when Isaac found out we were going there today he actually started clapping and shouting "hooray!!" I guess we were all in need of a little exercise :) It's nice that the weather has cooled down too. 100 degrees is really past my limit of wanting to be outside. But starting this last week we've been in the 80's and even cooler, and it's been lovely.

Isaac has said a couple of things that make me realize that he knows we left our home behind such as....

"Momma, can we go to Isaac's house?"
"No Isaac, we're going to go to Grandpa Kinser's house."
"Oh...we lost our house."

or...

After seeing an airplane in the sky:
"The airplane is going home. It misses his home a lot." (Yees...the airplane misses his home)

Other than those few comments, and the fact that Isaac is really missing all his fun guy friends in MN who also like to run around and say crazy things (Girls really do play differently) the boys are doing pretty well. It helps that Isaac and Austin are having a great time right now pretending to be different animals--Isaac a crocodile AND alligator, I don't really know how that works, but it's always both--Austin a kitty, which sometimes turns into a lion. They roam all the over the house doing different animals sounds. I never would have planned it, but I am so happy that the boys are as close as they are. They really are becoming best friends (most of the time). It's fun to watch them check on the other one and make sure they're involved in whatever we're doing.

We find out the bar results on Thursday--yes! I think I'm the most excited and least nervous, but then again I also didn't take the bar. Once we get the results, the crackdown will really begin for searching for jobs. Until then, we are thankful to be here with a job. Income is handy when loans start being due :)

Last of all I made a Sesame Street blanket for Austin that has all the main characters on it. First time I've ever really made something useful, so I was pretty thrilled it turned out well. (Not that a tie blanket is that complicated, but I have skills in making ordinary things look bizarre). He loves it. In the picture he doesn't look that thrilled but that was because I was trying to divert his attention from Sesame street. So appropriate.

"Later Mom, can't you see Cookie Monster is on?"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You should come meet me on tuesdays here in beaumont for their AMAZING and free library program it's from 10-11:45 12 ish. The teacher "ms. nancy" is awesome and has the whole thing planned with dancing, two stories and there is always one play-dough table, one table with markers and one table with a project that has to do with the lesson that day. It's aimed for 1-3 year olds but any age is welcome, it's SOOOOO good. you shoudl come. this coming tuesday is canceled but i'll be at the one after that :)

Jensine Kinser said...

That does sound amazing and like something both of my boys would love! You'll have to let me know when you're going to go.