Which is what Austin called our trip to Sioux Falls. He still asks to go on a big bye-bye, but then I explain that driving to LA to take a plane to Sioux Falls isn't really something you can do in the afternoon before dinner.
Our trip was a lot of fun. The boys really liked going on the airplane out to Sioux Falls, they were really good the whole time. For which I was extremely thankful. The flight back was truly not enjoyable, I have to say I've never been so happy to be done with a flight in my life. Two kids traveling at what they think is three in the morning, trying to sleep...on so many levels that was not so much fun. I think the topper was when Austin started crying about thirty minutes before we landed for Daddy. I'm pretty sure in his mind he was thinking "Daddy would never do this to me!" Needless to say, they were THRILLED to see Aaron again. As was I :)
I think Austin's first reaction to the snow, and particularly the wind, didn't really change the whole time we were there. It went something like this:
"No! No! NOO! COLD!!! Snow! COLD!!!"
It was hilarious to watch, he would keep trying to move his head in different directions to avoid the wind. Alas, the wind in South Dakota is not so easily circumvented. Isaac did okay, but he's a older and I think he remembered more what winters in the midwest were like. But we still went out and did some fun stuff. I'm sad I didn't get more pictures, b/c we really did have a good time.
My mom and I went on an Elizabeth Gaskell movie kick, which was a lot of fun. In particular, I don't think I could ever convince Aaron to watch the series "Wives and Daughters" :) There are just some movies that are more entertaining to watch among girls. For which, I am sure, Aaron is thankful I don't press him into watching. BUT, for anyone looking for a series that is fun to watch (taking of course that you like 19th century women authors and their stories) I recommend North and South, Wives and Daughters, Cranford, and Return to Cranford. Very well done series.
I'm not going to go into everything we did, but I will say I never thought that Sioux Falls in January could feel so much like a vacation :) It was great seeing Grandma and Grandpa again.
Waiting to board the plane.
Every night we were there the boys fell asleep in the same bed. It was so adorable.
Playing the piano. Something they took very seriously :)
Playing Break the Ice with Grandma. Isaac still asks me if we can play the "pounding game". What's cooler than having your own mallet you can hit things with?
1 comment:
I'm so glad we were able to see you guys, it was so nice. I came home from hot chocolate and told Jeff how therapeutic it was to chat with you. I haven't found a replacement for you yet, so maybe we just need to find jobs near each other. :)
Post a Comment