Kinser Family Blog

Welcome to an inside look into the lives of Aaron & Jensine Kinser, as well as their children Isaac, Austin, Cameron, and Annika.

2010/02/18

San Diego Zoo

We went to the San Diego Zoo at the beginning of January and had a blast. We stayed there the whole day, and it was seriously so much fun. The boys and I had gotten used to seeing the animals at Como Zoo in the Twin Cities for free, or occasionally going to the Minnesota Zoo--so they were thrilled to be looking at all the animals again. As were Aaron and I :)
I was surprised the boys did as well as they did, (they both took an hour or so nap during the middle of the day) but that was a very happy surprise. The only thing that I missed at the zoo was all the ocean animals. Like fish, and sea lions and such. But I guess with Sea World being right there it would be hard to compete. Or even worth competing against? Such a good memory though, really a lot of fun.


A few monkeys that escaped their cages!

It seems only fitting for our family that one of the most fun animals to see there was the hippo. It was doing these laps right around the glass where the boys were sitting. Very neat.

Enjoying a day with daddy.

One of the pandas. We had to be very quiet going through this exhibit, which as you may know, is Austin's number one feature :)

Checking out the zebras. It was interesting how with some exhibits you could get so close to the animals. It was amazing.

Elephant Stampede!

The elephants and giraffes were probably my favorite to see. Particularly one elephant that looked like it was just dancing.

They had all these fun metal statues that the boys could climb on. Particularly fun as it was neither too hot or cold, so the metal felt fine. Thank you San Diego.

Our tickets included free sky tram rides. Which the boys thought were so neat. I have to say it was a very nice way to get across the zoo.

Zoo entrance.


I knew that the day had been a success when we got back in the car and Isaac said: "We had a lot of fun today!"

4 comments:

Anna said...

So Fun! I LOVE going to the zoo with little kids. All the animals and fun pictures!

Janet said...

I grew up going to the San Diego Zoo. And even today when I go I have an amazing time. I don't think I will ever tire of it. In the old days you could feed most all the animals. My grandma would dry bread for us, bring, carrots, apples and hibiscus flowers. Oh what a joy feeding the elephants.

Katie said...

very cute pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a good time!

jeff and alli said...

I love zoos! Such fun times. Glad you had fun.

By the way, you look so cute and I'm jealous that you are wearing summer clothes. :)